Recently, I’ve been on a journey to improve my over all health. Exercise has never been a problem for me. I was a high school athlete (3rd or 4th string but an athlete all the same) and I’ve even continued physical fitness in my adult years off and on. Come on over to my house and see my 4 ft. tall Martial Arts trophies! My greatest hill to climb on my journey is well….food. I LOVE IT! ALL OF IT! I’m a chef for goodness’ sake! It’s truly like the gift and the curse. It’s my ongoing inner battle of : Absolutely knowing what’s good for me to eat vs. The not so healthy things I want to eat. But there’s a solution to every problem, right? Of course there is!
This past Sunday I took my first crack at meal prep. Woot! I was extremely un-enthused by the meal plan that my trainer Kali B provided for me. The meal plan just screamed to me “Eat grass and drink water”, you know the type. I was determined to not be defeated by this! I chose the modified Paleo option which consist of no carbs, high in veggies and small portions of protein. I bought some kale and boneless, skinless chicken breast to prepare.
The result was this:
Steamed Kale with ATC Mexican Dry Rub
1Bag of Cut and Cleaned Kale (I used Glory Greens)
3 T Water (For Steam)
1.5 T ATC Mexican Dry Rub
1. Add water to a wide pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Add a few big handfuls of the kale. You’ll have to cook it in batches depending on the size of your pan. Don’t overcrowd your pan! Please and Thanks!
3. Sprinkle some ATC Mexican Dry Rub over the top and mix.
4. Steam for 1-2 minutes and remove from the pan.
ATC Lemon Herb Salt and Garlic Roasted Chicken Breast
1.5 Lbs Chicken Breast
2T ATC Lemon Herb Salt (Less can be used depending on your dietary needs.)
3T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2pc Garlic (Minced)
1. Portion Chicken Breast into 3-5 pieces each (depending on the size).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients completely coating the chicken.
3. Place seasoned chicken in a covered pan and bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
Delicious and nutritious!!! I’ve actually been looking forward to eating this in the last few days! Try it and tell me what you think.
Order your ATC Spice Blends HERE.